Summer has finally kicked in here in Toronto now. Its scorching here, as soon as I step out of the air conditioned house, it feels like I have stepped into a sauna! You know its true, as there is an extreme heat alert on!!No, I am not complaining, that summer is finally here, but right now I am fasting, so the cooler temperatures were more favourable! And of course everyone else who is doing the same, Ramadan Mubarak to you!
Today’s recipe is my take on Thai Mango salad but has a lot more green in it! So good for these hot summer evening dinners! Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
2 Mangoes (use the mangoes that are just about to ripe)
3 Cups Fresh Spinach
2 Cups Spring Greens
2 Celery Ribs
1 Cup Peanuts
2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
½ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Chili sauce
Start by cutting the mango, apple or pear, and the celery.
Cut them into long thin strips, basically julienne them!
Then take a nice clean bowl and start plating it.
Start by adding the fruits and the celery.
Then toss in the leaves and the peanuts.
Now take the last four ingredients and make that into a dressing.
Toss with the salad and serve!
- Chipotle Mango BBQ Chicken Salad (hugsnkitchen.com)
- Honeyglazed duckbreast with a mango salad! (cookedbyaviking.wordpress.com)
- Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad (derochedecibel.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Shrimp with Mango & Avocado Salad (forkitblogg.wordpress.com)
- Honey Avocado Mango Salad (chewoutloud.com)
- Green mango salad (ediblescrapbook.wordpress.com)
- Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Oranges and Coconut Quinoa (benourishedbyfood.wordpress.com)
- Mango Madness Mornings (gonakednutrition.wordpress.com)
- Refreshing Mango Green Smoothie (therealfoodjunkie.com)
- Juicing Diary – Day by Day Breakdown (mycrazyrichlife.wordpress.com)