I am very disappointed with Toronto’s summer this year! I left England and moved to Toronto, in hope of getting away from the rain, but I am noticing that these days it seems to be raining more in Toronto than it is in England! So my recipe for today is perfect for these rainy days, where it’s still warm outside but it looks like it is cold, so the soup is light yet filling. This soup is quite versatile because you can make it heartier by adding some shredded chicken or even some sausages, I had some leftover sausages and I added to this soup on the second day that I had it. Alternatively, you can make it vegetarian by substituting the chicken broth with vegetable stock! Or this is good on its own too! Hope you enjoy it!
3 Celery Sticks (chopped)
1 Cup Shredded Carrots
½ Bulb Garlic (chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 Tbsp Butter
½ Tsp Red Pepper
4 Cups Chicken Broth
Heat up a soup pot. Melt the butter on it.
Brown the butter and then add the garlic, so you get a garlicky butter aroma around the kitchen! 🙂
Then add in the onions, celery and carrots. Season with Salt & Pepper.
Sauté till the vegetables soften down.
While the vegetables soften, cut the zucchini into thin rounds.
Core the pear and chop into small pieces.
Add to the soup pot and sauté for a few minutes.
Then add the chicken broth, cover the pot and simmer for half hour.
Wait to cool down for some time.
Transfer the prepared soup into a blender. Blend till smooth.
Reheat the pot and melt some butter in it, and add the soup back then add the red pepper and do the taste test. If needed, add some more salt and pepper. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Turn the heat off and ladle the soup into bowls.
- Nosh: Tortellini Soup (beyondpaisley.net)
- Potato and Zucchini Soup (mymomlikestocook.com)
- Chilled Herb Zucchini Soup (whitecoatsinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Winter Warmers: Cauliflower, Broccoli + Zucchini Soup (selfhealthwellness.com)
- Green Potato Soup with Basil Cream (cookingthelightway.wordpress.com)
- Italian Chicken Noodle Soup (sinfullytempting.com)
- Sweet Potato, Pear and Ginger Soup (thelittleredjar.wordpress.com)