These days my husband has gone on a health streak, which I am extremely happy about, so I am now trying to find different recipes that does not require a lot of carbohydrates. Sorry for not posting an authentic Bangladeshi recipe as promised, as I never had much time there, to create a post. Now I am back in Toronto and we are boasting a low carb diet in our house, which should also make all of you happy, especially since its summer, we need to look after our waistlines.
This chicken is first sautéed in a pot and then finished off in the oven. I love making food that way, it has the flavor of being sautéed and then becomes nice and soft and falls right off the bone, so you hardly need a knife to eat it, just a fork is enough. We had this with quinoa pilaf, which was a very nice filling meal. My husband really appreciated it! Hope you enjoy it!
6 Skinless Chicken Thighs
1 Potato (chopped)
1 Onion (thinly sliced)
½ Bulb Garlic (thinly sliced)
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Dried Parsley
1 Tsp Dried Thyme
1 Tsp Flour
½ Cup White Wine
1 Cup Chicken Stock
Heat up a Dutch- Oven with some olive oil. Add in the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper.
Brown chicken on both sides, and take out of the pot. Set aside
Stir in the dried oregano, parsley and thyme. Add a little bit more oil if needed and sauté for a few minutes.
Then add in the onions and garlic and sauté for a further few minutes.
Now add in the chicken pieces. Coat the chicken with the herbs.
Then do the same for the potatoes.
Continue stirring and cooking for a further 5 – 7 minutes, or until the chicken and potatoes have browned.
In a different pot whisk flour into stock and add in the wine. Bring to boil and add to the chicken dish.
Pre-heat oven to roast at 375 F.
Take the Dutch- oven off the heat. Cover the chicken and potatoes with foil (not with its cover).
Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Serve hot with quinoa pilaf.
- Today’s Recipe: Slow-Cooker Coq au Vin (williams-sonoma.com)
- Slow Cooker vs. Dutch Oven: A Conversion Guide (williams-sonoma.com)
- Today’s Recipe: Simple Roast Chicken with Lemon and Herbs (williams-sonoma.com)
- Roast Chicken Recipe With Potato Puré;e & Pine Nuts (greatbritishchefs.com)
- Chicken delight! (blondecookingblog.com)
- Chicken to the Oven with Potatoes (essenceinthepalate.wordpress.com)
- Chicken with salad and jacket potatoes x (gowerminicook.wordpress.com)
- Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Onions (saraheatsaustin.com)