I am going on holiday to Mexico in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait, as my sister and cousin are also coming with their husbands, so I am really excited. In order to get ready for Mexico, I mean to have a beach body ready, I am on a low carb diet with plenty of exercise! I am sure I won’t have a celebrity body in such a short time…. but I am doing what I can, to lose some of the chubbiness around my middle!! Yesterday I was contemplating which days I to be completely carb less, because I am going without carbs at least three days of the week and the rest of the week have a diet of low carbs.
This recipe derives from my low carb diet! I have seen lots of other recipes for wasabi encrusted salmon but they usually use the wasabi peas, bread crumbs or even potato chips to make the crunchy crust for the salmon. I decided to use carrots & sunflower seeds for the crunch mixed with real wasabi for the taste! Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
1 Tbsp Real Wasabi Powder
3 (8-ounce) salmon fillets with skin
½ Cup Carrots, shredded
1 Carrot chopped in round discs (optional)
1 Tbsp Sunflower seeds (de-shelled)
2 Tbsp Evoo
1 Tbsp Garlic powder
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
In a bowl add the Evoo mix with the garlic, salt, pepper and the lime juice.
Coat the fish with the above mixture.
Grease an oven proof dish & add the chopped carrots, if using.
Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, on the dish.
Mix the wasabi powder with enough water to make a paste.
Slather the paste all over the salmon fillets. Then press in the shredded carrots and the sunflower seeds.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Drizzle the fish with some more Evoo, and roast about 15 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
Transfer 1 salmon fillet to a bed of salad and Drizzle with some lime juice.
- Salmon Thai-like Curry (naturallyinsideout.wordpress.com)
- simple roasted carrots. (peachesandcake.com)
- Salmon Burgers with Wasabi-Sesame Mayo (annashortcakes.wordpress.com)
- Wasabi Bloody Mary (abeautifulmess.com)
- SALMON with BLACK BEAN spaghetti (awesomelikeadrienne.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Wasabi Peas? Almost – Crunchy Kimchi Peas! (wellpreserved.ca)
- British farm grows first wasabi in Europe (japandailypress.com)
- Tip of the Day…Heart Shaped Carrots (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- You: U.K. wasabi farm first in Europe, hot (japantimes.co.jp)