I am still in Bangladesh for the next week or so, so I will be providing recipes that I have had for Eid. The other day I tried this beef tikka, and I immediately wanted to share this recipe with all my readers. This recipe uses up to 10 bamboo sticks, but if you fancy putting this on the grill please go ahead and use metal skewers, I am sure it will be just as good!
1 Kg Beef (boneless)
½ Cup Yoghurt
2 Tbsp Onion Paste
1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
½ Tbsp Garlic Paste
2 Tsp Ketchup
1 ½ Tsp Garam Masala
1 Tsp Nutmeg & Mace Powder
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Ghee
Slice the beef into 2.5 cm pieces.
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together, except for the lemon juice and the ghee.
Marinade the beef in this mixture for 12 hours.
Soak the bamboo skewers in water half an hour before taking the beef out of the fridge.
In a wide pan heat some oil or ghee.
Take the beef out and fry till they are browned. Brush with the marinade frequently.
Take the beef out and thread them on to the skewers, brush once more with the marinade then finish off the tikkas in the oven.
Insert in the oven on medium heat for 10 minutes, just to make sure the meat is cooked inside.
When serving sprinkle the lemon juice and ghee on top off the beef.
- Angoori Paneer Tikka (nidotcodotrecipedotcom.wordpress.com)
- Lemon Garlic Lamb Kebobs (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Easy Chicken Shashlikh (yummyfoodmadeeasy.wordpress.com)
- Delicious Veal with Mashed Potatoes and Tomato Salad (iamdelicious.typepad.com)
- 30 Minute Meals: 5 Meals / Monday’s Menu – 8.20.2012 (alittlebitme.com)