I have always liked making noodles, I always thought it was an easy way out, on days I was feeling lazy. Even in my student years, when I couldn’t cook properly, my noodles stir fry, always came out well. This version is a bit more advanced than my student days, hope you enjoy it!
- 500g rice noodles
- 400g sliced mushrooms
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2-3 inch lengths
- ½ Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal or ginger,
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 Tsp Red Chili flakes
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil for stir-frying
- 4 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 6-8 minutes, or as per the directions on the packet. I have used rice noodles but please feel free to add any noodles, just make sure they are cooked before adding to the stir fry.
- In the meantime, in a chopper add the garlic, ginger, and the spring onions and mince them together.
- Dip the thinly sliced onions in the cornstarch and fry them in hot oil, set aside.In the same wok, add the garlic mixture and stir fry in hot oil, for a couple of minutes. Then add the mushrooms and carrots along with the chili flakes and fry till the vegetables are tender.
- Now add the sesame oil with the fresh leaves, fry for a couple of minutes and add the noodles. Top with the oyster sauce and combine well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve garnished with the fried onions that you prepared earlier.