The weather has been crazy, one day its 15° Celsius and the next day its -15° Celsius, and everyone seems to be getting ill, including me. I got up this morning with a baaaad sore throat and a very very stuffed nose, luckily no fever but I have been feeling very weak and down. I know that ginger tea with lemon and honey is quite common, but I make a tea that uses a few other spices and I definitely feel like it has helped me with some of my decongesting. Plus since the ingredients are all natural, this tea does not have any caffeine. Ideal to have as a night cap on a cold day when you crave a hot drink before you sleep. Hope it helps you!
4 Cups Water
1 inch Ginger
2 Cinnamon Sticks (1cm each)
1 Tbsp Honey (heaped)
In a small pot bring the 4 cups of water to a boil.
Grate or peel slivers of the ginger to the boiling water.
Then add the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
Bring the mixture to another boil. Simmer on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until you can smell the aromatic tea in the air.
Then squeeze the lemon juice into the pot. Add the honey.
If you fancy it sweeter, feel free to add more honey, I sometimes do!!
Boil for another 5 minutes. Then take the pot off the heat.
Serve the tea by pouring it in a cup, through a strainer. And Enjoy!
- A Few Healing Remedies (food-alovestory.com)
- 6 Cold and Flu-Fighting Recipes Your Doctor Probably Didn’t Tell You About (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)
- My sisters Tea (angiesgrapevine.wordpress.com)
- chai tea – for those long January days when you just can’t shake the cold (omamas.com)
- How To Peel and Mince Fresh Ginger – Cooking Lessons from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- For the Love of Chai (awomanaday.com)
- Immune Boosting Tea (goldenpathalchemyskincare.wordpress.com)
- Comforting & Easy Ginger Tea Recipe (hip2save.com)
- Masala and Ginger Spiced Chai Recipe! (bariatricbabe.wordpress.com)